Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Water.What is it good for? YOU!! Duh~ Get out your pen.Your autograph is needed..

Check it out peeps.Got an email today from my buddy Rob Meszaros over at the Bakersfield Californian and I think it's muy importante'. Now I rarely get involved with anything like this (ie: environmental) but I believe this deserves my attention and yours. Essentially the email says this ;

The Bakersfield Californian is taking an advocacy position on the issue of reclaiming water for the Kern River. We will be officially supporting the city's bid before the State Water Resources Board to claim some of this water.Today we kicked off the campaign with a statement from our publisher, in addition to a petition in the paper and downloadable from Bakersfield.com, so folks can sign and mail to the appropriate parties.Lois Henry will have an in-depth column in tomorrow's paper about this issue, urging the community to act now, as the window is short. We will also be publishing op-ed pieces later this week.We need to get the word out fast to encourage people to act before a deadline passes next week.




(in my true ingenious style I took a picture of the downloadable petition because I'm moving and have packed my scanner)

No comments: